Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Two Links at Five A.M.

I'm up way to early this morning. I can't sleep. I woke up at 4:30 AM and am still awake. I tried to sleep. But how can I when I know it's 11 AM in Macerata? (well, sleeping in until 11 doesn't actually sound that bad, but still...). I hate jet lag.

So I've decided to use this "I-should-be-sleeping" time to mention a couple of links.

First one: The glass store site is online! After spending the last few months going back and forth between my house and the wonderful Coltorti sisters' glass store in Macerata (and buying too much glass for my own good), I finally finished their much anticipated website: www.coltorti.com. I hope you enjoy it--and contact them to buy some glass products! Tell them Jackie sent you!

Second: I was roaming around the web, checking out other expats' sites, and I found that Gia Gina in Torino had posted an entry about her dining experience in Bra, home to: (drum roll please) Slow Food! Corrie--this is THE slow food restaurant, apparently, so I definitely thought you, and all of those interested in a good meal (this means all of you, right?) would like to check out her little review (complete with pictures!) An excerpt:

This past summer I could not for the life of me find any spinach. Only when the weather turned a bit cooler and Fall began, did I see them in the markets again. When I think back I was not raised with access to everything, all the time. I was born into the Slow Food movement without knowing it, I was raised with seasonal vegetables, organically grown by my family and so I can say I am a Slow Foodie.

Thanks for the review and the photos, Gina! To everyone: hoping your holidays are wonderful. I'm going to try and sleep now. Goodnight/morning.

-Wide-awake Jackie

2 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Hey Jackie, since you can't sleep, do something you can't do here...go shopping! I'm sure Walmart and 50 other stores are open at this hour. Hehe. Hey, and can you guys set up an RSS-Atom feed so it tells us when you update the blog? You should be able to select it under settings. THanks!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

i can try to set that up. hmmm...walmart sounds like a possibility. although i prefer sleep (still not completely back to being american yet, i guess!).

-jackie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home