Monday, March 27, 2006

Lego fish sticks?

One quick adventure state-side before Jackie and I tackle our top ten list in Italia... My dear dad is a Lego fan and a talented Lego builder. He told me about a Lego statue of the Gorton Fisherman coming to Indianapolis groceries during March. I put the date on my calendar, packed my camera, and tried to imagine just how many Lego bricks it would take to make a Lego fishing boat for the Lego Gorton Fisherman.

When I got to the grocery, there were people in yellow waders passing out coupons and acting surprisingly excited about fish sticks...but no Lego! One of the wader-people told me they "didn't have permission" to use the Lego fisherman that day (was he in the Lego sculpture union?), but that I could have my picture taken with a real life Gorton fisherman. Not nearly as cool as all those yellow bricks, but perhaps also a once in a lifetime experience.

Love you, Dad! Sorry about the lack of Lego!
~Corrie

8 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

no legos? aack. but, was there a ship that was about to be destroyed? :)

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Lori said...

wow, you actually had me thinking for a min that guy was made of legos! now THAT would have been talent!

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also thought it was made of legos. All I could think was WOW, did someone have a lot of time!

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good time in Italia! Make sure you get some gelato this time. I am guessing you have already left or leave this Thursday b/c Yekki's said that you were arriving on Thursday! Have a good flight and make sure you get that leg room!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

I was thinking...WOW that Lego fisherman in the picture with Corrie sure looks real! Ha!

Cyn

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

Unfortunately, both Corrie and the Fisherman in the picture are Lego-less. Although, a Lego-Corrie could come in quite handy... "Corrie's so dedicated. I thought she was going to Italia, but she's been at her desk, staring at her computer for weeks and weeks now." :-)

~Corrie

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The LEGO Gorton fisherman who ran away from the grocery store in Indy is here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=168611

Babbo

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

wait, you mean it's NOT made of legos? it took me this long to figure it out!

-Jackie

p.s. is Parma MADE of cheese?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home