Sunday, March 26, 2006

Six Days in Italy

Corrie's coming to Italy this week! While the trip was sort of a last minute decision (she bought the ticket last Wednesday, and she'll be here on Thursday!), Corrie's been wanting to come over for a spring visit for a while now, and I guess the best time to come is as soon as possible :)! It's going to be a quick trip--just six days--so we are looking into how we can crowd it with things to do, but not over-crowd it. We've learned, from experience, that balancing time in Macerata and out traveling can be tricky. Hopefully we'll organize ourselves well.

Corrie and I are old pros at organizing her visits to Italy, so our must-see/must-do top 10 list might be a little unusual, but here it is. For us, these are the best ways to spend six days in Italy:

• organize a piazza-wide water fight in any city we visit (Parma, watch out!)

• buy matching umbrellas to prepare ourselves for the rain that will surely greet two Americans out in Italy

• wear orange pants (we can borrow a pair from our friend Francesco, I think)

• visit Bianca, Alessandro and Deborah's baby daughter! DONE

• dine at Hard Rock Cafe in Rome (just kidding Corrie--I know you're flying into Milan this time! Is there a Hard Rock Cafe there by chance? :))

play handkerchief games in Civitanova, and throw marbles at Italian schoolchildren. DONE

• eat gelato: everywhere! DONE: in Bologna and L'Aquila twice!

• organize a fourth wedding lunch for me and Antonello (just for the delicious wedding cake this time!)

• officially change our names to Corri and Yeki (corri means, "run!") DONE

and finally...

• push pull-doors (and pull push-doors) DONE, and still in progress

Hopefully, we'll also get some travel in there as well! Corri, can't wait to see you! I'll be waiting with my raincoat and galoshes at the train station on Thursday!

-Yeki

6 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

Ciao Bella Yeki,

I've almost got my handkerchiefs packed -- can't wait to see you in bell'Italia and begin checking off our list!

love,
Corri

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Hey corrie, if you need a place to crash before your flight out of milan you're welcome to stay here! take my advice, sleeping at the milan airport sucks!

hope you guys have a great time!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Tracie P. said...

have fun girls! i wish one of my freinds were coming to visit....

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm of course reading this at work, so I am reading the list and I get to the change your names to Corri and Yekki and before I get done with the sentence I answer the phone and as I finish I burst our laughing into the phone. This blog could be hazardous to your job!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

aack! be careful cass! you know that we've already permanenty changed YOUR name to 'la finestra,' right? :) miss you and wish you could join us on our top 10 list!

-jackie

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Have a safe trip Corrie! You girls have fun and if you end up in jail, I will be more then happy to bail you out!

Buon Viaggio!
Cyn

PS. Only 6 days?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home