Tuesday, February 07, 2006

3 (Perfect) Days Away

The Olympics are almost here in Italy--just three more days--and, while there have been torches passed and reminders given, I don't feel very close the action up in Torino (well, we are quite a drive away). Still, it's the Olympics, and now, with Antonello and me considering going to Torino for mountain-climbing this summer, I was happy to find news of the city and its sites over at Hemispheres Magazine's Three Perfect Days.

Hemispheres Magazine is United Airlines' inflight magazine, and it is surprisingly good in terms of writing and photography. I've loved it's Three Perfect Days series for a long time--articles about everything from days in Rome to Montreal to Bangkok give you a getaway for a long weekend.

And this time, I can finally learn a little something about Torino for our upcoming trip (and, of course, for following along better once the Olympics finally get here).

-Jackie

4 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Torino is a beautiful city, but you feel as though you've left italy and gone to austria! lori

 
At 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah to be there enjoying the Olympic atmosphere ... your trip sounds wonderful ... I can't wait to hear about it!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Are you going to go to Turin for the games at all? I think my Mom and I are heading up next week!

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Cyn

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

cyndi: that sounds neat! when are you guys going? we aren't going to make it up at all, but i wish i could go--i've never been to the olympics before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home