Saturday, January 07, 2006

Some Good Things

Thursday and Friday were both good days here in Macerata. Here are some of the highlights:

• An article I wrote about a mountain hike on Epiphany two years ago has been published over at Journey Beyond Travel. It's called Epiphany in the Mountains, and it is the FIRST article I've written to be published outside of my online lit magazine The Long Trip Home! I'm really excited about it--go read it!! If you've visited me before and know some of our friends, you'll recognize the characters in the story, too.

• Happy Anniversary to our friends Cyndi and Danilo! Yesterday was their one-year anniversary, so congrats to them!

• We bought a computer on Thursday! It's going to take three weeks for them to deliver it (those darn Italians), but it's an iMac, just what we wanted, and it will be great for Antonello to learn how to use email. It's about time that he learns: I've been his personal secretary regarding his caving emails for a year now. Can't wait for the computer to arrive!

• Last night we went to dinner at our friends' Laura and Raffaella's place in Cingoli. I've talked about them before, as they own my favorite little glass store in Macerata, and I recently designed their website. The dinner was great. We got to meet other friends of theirs--all very nice people, plus Laura, who has been cooking up trial vegetarian recipes for the past few months, wowed us all with a strictly vegetarian feast! This rarely happens outside of my own home, so I felt very honored. And the food was delicious!

• Read my friend Lori's recent blog entry about her decision regarding her life in Italy after grad school. Yay for her!

• And...we got our DSL line! Okay, so we still need a modem, but I'm just happy it didn't take a full year to get us hooked up!

So there you have it--a good couple of days. We're pretty busy this weekend, and on Monday it's back to work, but I've had a really nice break--so much good stuff has happened, that it's amazing it was only three weeks. Now, I'm trying to enjoy Saturday and Sunday as much as I can, before the alarm clock sounds on Monday morning.

Have a great weekend!

-Jackie

8 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once you have a DSL hookup you can't go back to dial up. Technology advances.
In a few years everybody will be saying "DSL? How SLOW!"

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Lori said...

yay jackie! great article! I dont think I've heard that story before. :D

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Congrats on your article (it was wonderful), your computer AND DLS! What a week it has been for you!

Thank you also for the anniversary wishes. We still have ONE more wedding to do, don't ya think? Maybe the NEXT one will be in L. Vegas! Are you in? heheheh!

Cyn

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that you have DSL, we can chat online! Yay for technology!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

I know what you mean about not being able to go back--I was home in the states for Christmas, and my family has DSL. When I got back here, I almost threw my computer away I was so mad about how slow things went.

Lori: glad you liked the article! And no, there will not be one coming out soon about Offida for Carnevale!

jeff: sounds great! we're still waiting for the modem, but i'll let you know when we have it. can you send me an email with your email address in it? i keep trying to write you, and it bounces back to me.

cyndi: of course i'm in for las vegas! do you even have to ask? :)

 
At 5:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulatons Jackie!

I have family near Macerata and I visit often ... it's a great place!

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should have waited another week or two to order your computer, you could have had it with an Intel processor!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

jeff: turns out that we waited long enough, and we are getting it with intel inside! should be interesting. :)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home