Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Good Things! (mostly)

The computer is here! It's sitting in a big white box next to Antonello's leather-cutting table at the factory (his brother Sandro keeps making jokes like, "Ahh! I knocked it over! Ahh! The computer has fallen down!" um...at least I THINK they're jokes), and it's ready to go home. It even looks ready, with a little sign claiming it's owner (Jacqueline--spelled correctly!) and a handle to carry it with. Yay!

Plus, earlier today as I was checking email, I got a text message on my phone claiming that our ADSL line worked again! Last week, I had had to call the emergency internet access line to figure out why my modem kept blinking at me, and they claimed it was a problem with the phone line. Apparently it was fixed today, and, while I still had to go through some set-up problems over the phone this afternoon (yes, I love explaining my ADSL problems in Italian--most of the computer-related words are in English!), I got it set up.

For the most part. Antonello is in big trouble, however, because he spelled my last name wrong when telling the ADSL people what to use as my user name. Yes, now I'm not only Yeki, but Yeki Gojette. Thanks, honey.

All, in all, pretty good day. Oh, AND, we ate pancakes for lunch. Even better day.

-Jackie

3 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger sarainitaly said...

Yeki - Glad your adsl is back up!Oooh pancakes sound good!

Have a good day, Yeki. hehe :OD

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

thanks! yes, i think yeki gojette has a nice ring to it, don't you :)?

-yek

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Congrats on the new computer AND ADSL! Does life get better???

I have been on a pancake kick for several weeks now. Thankgoodness Danilo likes them. Have you found anything like breakfast sausage here?

Cyn
PS.Love the new name!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home