Sunday, August 06, 2006

Nessun Dorma

I have a lot of blog catching up to do in these days: the month of July was crazy, and I spent most of my time commuting back and forth to the beach to teach English at a very weird camp for kids in the nearby town of Porto San Giorgio. Other things happened too that month, and even August, so far, has been pretty busy. With birthdays and packages and a visit to Rome, the month is off to a jump. So there is a lot to blog about, and I hope to make some progress on that (at least post some pictures?) before Antonello and I leave for Nothern Italy and Slovenia on August 9th for an honest-to-goodness VACATION!

But for now, we are off to the Sferisterio, Macerata's Outdoor Opera House (yes, it's opera season here in Macerata) to see Turandot and celebrate the 1st Anniversary of our 2nd wedding. (I hope to post some pictures from that wedding--more specifically our religious ceremony in Indianapolis last August 6th--soon...more blogging to come!) Happy Birthday to Antonello's cousin Daniele, and Happy belated Birthday to our friend Sweety (who's REAL birthday is tomorrow, but she celebrates it on the 1st of August--too confusing to explain)!

Have a wonderful night. I'm off to get ready for an evening at the opera! I'll be humming Nessun Dorma and thinking of you...

-Jackie

5 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SLOVENIA?! We recently got back from Friuli and did a hop/skip over to Slovenia a couple of times. It was great! I am looking forward to your tales in Slovenia. The one thing we found strange is that when we were IN the New Gorizia and wanted to drive around, we came across another border check which gave access to another part of the town (I guess). Anyway, we couldn't go further because I wasn't a european citizen and Slovenia wasn't part of the european community, or so said the stupid lady at the checkpoint. But how is that if I was already in Slovenia? The dude at the first gate let me in. Beats me, but if you know anything about this, let me know.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

that's weird, rowena. did you have your passport with you, or just your identity card? i just checked online (didn't think to check earlier, though I should've), and it said that US citizens need only a passport to enter slovenia. anyway, we'll see what happens--other than that, did you have any problems? i will go check out your blog to read about your trip...sounds much like ours!

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the opera and congratulations on the anniversary!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Wishing you both a belated Happy Anniversary. Did you get our card? I can believe it has been a year since we were all in Indy together!

Have a safe and fun trip. Looking forward to hearing all about since you guys won't take me with you. Maybe Johnny from France will take me! hehehehehe!

Cyn
PS. How was the Opera?

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

thanks ivonne! the opera was terrific!

cyndi: thank you soo much for the card! we loved it! i translated it for antonello and he was very confused by the line "love bears all things.." he was like "bear? orso? what?" not wanting to explain, i said, "yes, cyndi and danilo have a thing for teddy bears." oh well :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home