Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Bit of Catching Up

Just a few things today. It's been kind of a rough week for us, and I'm really looking forward to Friday. I'm meeting Cyndi in Rimini for a trip to Italia in Miniatura--finally, my chance to visit mini-Pisa and , of course, mini-Venice! I'm hoping we can do a bit of shopping in Rimini, too (not mini-shopping, though)! Anyway, more about that daytrip once it happens.

Yesterday was the first meeting for the new caving course. There are 7 eager cavers-to-be, and yesterday we did the first lesson. It went fine--basically each lesson just covers a different aspect of caving, from the historic background to the geologic formation. It always cracks me up attending these lessons, because I remember four years ago, back when I was a caver-to-be and had to do the course. At that time, my Italian was pathetic, and I sat through the lessons with a dazed look on my face, catching only bits and pieces of the entire presentation. So, the next year, when my Italian had improved quite a bit, each lesson was new to me, and I kept thinking, "so THAT'S what they were trying to tell me!"

Also, it's not long before Corrie and Eric wil be getting here to Italy! Yay! A trip to Genova is in the works, and of course Corrie and Eric can participate in our many caving events, too! Can't wait to see you guys!

Yes, I know--I will post about that trip to Trieste, Slovenia, and Trentino soon...but before hand, I've got some weekend photos to post.

-Jackie

Update: We've got internet access on the new computer, so I've been spending way too much time online. The good news is that I've been doing plenty of blog reading, which has resulted in adding some blogs over to the blog roll--there are so many great expat blogs! The bad news is I haven't even started making lunch yet...

2 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! Should be a ton of fun! I was thinking of dressing up tomorrow for our walk through mini Italy. I need to know, do you want to be King Kong or Godzilla?

Cyn

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

I've already got the King Kong outfit--it's in Antonello's closet :). See you there, Godzilla!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home