Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Happy Autumn!

It's been raining all day long, and, since somehow all of my lessons today have been cancelled, I've been snuggled up reading a book and, occasionally, shuffling around to do some housework and some translations, occasionally checking email. It's one of those lazy grey fall days, and, to make it complete, I could really use a big bowl of my dad's veggie soup, a hot mug of apple cider, and a roaring fire. But at the moment, I'm happy with just these pictures from a couple of weeks ago, when Antonello and I drove to Perugia in the Umbria region of Italy. The city itself was a gem, but the drive there, the warm colors brimming from the mountains all around us renewed my faith in Italian autumns. Hope that your autumn, wherever you may be, is beautiful as well.

-Jackie

5 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger 'A Tuscan view.....from Umbria' said...

Lovely photos, I can't get enough of these beautiful autumnal colours. It's a pity the heavy rain we've been having in Umbria today seems to be bringing alot of the leaves down. Mustn't complain tho because it's the first real rain we've had since spring. Love the idea of hot cider - just right for this time of year.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Stelle in Italia said...

Since SPRING? really? wow. it's been raining plenty here too, but sort of off and on--one week heavy rain, the next week blue skies. so i guess i know how the rest of THIS week will go, but maybe next week will look better? :)

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Rowena said...

I wish WE had rain! Or at least the conditions for it because at the temps here, they would most likely turn into snow. And snow is what me and the Mads needs right now. You know, girls just wanna have fun! :-D

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

Beautiful photos, Bella! I'm next to the fireplace here at Panera (my wifi home away from home) and sending apple cider thoughts your way!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger The Passionate Palate said...

Being lazy is something I'm working on...I think it's underrated. :-) Great fall photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home