Monday, January 29, 2007

Macerata Monday: Through the Grapevines

So I had this idea to post pictures on the blog. I know, it's revolutionary, huh? :)

Seriously, though, I haven't been doing a very good job documenting life in Italy, especially here in my town of Macerata, and I thought that this was a good chance to not only make of use of a new camera (a Christmas gift to Antonello and me from my parents--thank you!), but also show off my favorite Italian town a bit. I'm planning to make this a weekly thing, hence "Macerata Monday" instead of, say "Macerata the 12th of each month" or something (plus, wouldn't you say "Macerata Monday" sounds better?). Another important thing is I don't want to just take a bunch of pretty pictures and say "this is where I live," but I want to photograph daily things, or at least daily parts of my own life here. So don't be surprised if a picture of Antonello makes the list now and then, or pictures of my friends, or pictures of my favorite pizzeria. This is MY Macerata Monday, after all.


Macerata from the countryside. See it on Flickr.


I wanted to start off with this one, taken during my parents' visit to Italy this past December/early January. This drive is one my husband takes every morning early on his way to work. It's a great way to start a day, I think--driving past this panorama of beautiful Macerata, vineyards and gardens and even some sunflowers in June. We stopped to photograph it, pulled the car over the side of the road and made use of a beautiful day by snapping away. It is one of my favorite places to see Macerata, because, on this road, the city sort of jumps out at you between curves. Before you even know it, Macerata is there, in front of you, across a patch of countryside.

Anyway, I would highly reccommend taking the scenic route next time you're in town.

-Jackie

10 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Jackie, it's really easy to post pics from Flickr in your blog - go to the pic's individual page, click "All sizes", then the size you want, and underneath that, they give you the HTML to paste on your webpage!

I've been doing that for quite a few months, and you don't have to upload anything.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

thanks--I think I might do that for this series, or at least for the photos I've been uploading on flickr that I want to include. I knew there was a way... :)

Jackie

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Susan in Italy said...

Wow! Can that be real? It's such a beautiful view.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I dont remember seeing that view on the drive! Have you guys been hiding a secret route from me?

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Macerata!

I remember you so well!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

I love, love, LOVE Macerata! In spite of the six flights of stairs I have to climb when I come to your house, inspite of the falling bathroom windows...hehehehehe!

You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful hilltown! Would love to come down for a visit soon!
Cyn

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Shirley said...

Beautiful photo, I can't wait to move over to Le Marche, hopefully this year.

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous picture. I'm definitely putting your town on my "to visit" list

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bea-UUU-tiful photo! Definitely a fantastic way to start the day. :-)

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Tracie P. said...

i wanna take the scenic route! can i take the scenic route?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home