Thursday, June 26, 2008

Eye on the prize

I loved Jackie's description of the Italian sunset between the Cypress. We've often confided in each other our affection for the blue Italian sky. It sounds hyperbolic and over-affectionate, but the blue over the boot really is more vibrant than any other sky I've been under, and it produces some amazing sunsets. Anyway, her great description makes me miss Italia, and her, and almost makes me want to take up running. Almost...

While Jackie's getting ready for that long race, the little neighborhood market where I work is in the running for a different prize. Goose the Market has been nominated for "Best Gourmet Grocery" on TheIndyChannel.com's A-List.

Of course, I'm as biased here as the gal who judges blue skies, but the Goose gets my vote because of its commitment to quality foodstuffs. With a healthy nod to local producers who take as much care with their products as with the environment that produces them, there's also a discriminating selection of imports. Even if distance prevents an in-person investigation, you might check out the good eats and local, all-natural treats at the Goose.

If the spirit (and/or your appetite) moves you, please cast a vote for the Goose!

- Corrie

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger wosnes said...

Gee, maybe you're the one who helped me pick out some gelato at Goose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home