Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Macerata Monday: Doors

Okay, so it's actually kind of really early Tuesday (as in just past midnight on Monday), but it IS Monday just a timezone away, so here you have it: Macerata Monday, installment 2.



I walk by these two doors everyday on the way up the hill from my house to the city center (I work in the city center, and it really IS an uphill walk, but that's what you get for living in a self-proclaimed "hill town"), and I especially like the one on the right. When we were looking at houses a couple of years back, we considered one really near these, a neighbor, and it was a tough call for us. We ended up happy with the house we've got, yet further down the hill. I imagine these doors with a sign above them saying "If you lived here, you'd be home by now!" Needless-to-say, I notice these doors daily, but it was just today that I stopped for a minute to take a photo. It's the things you pass daily that sometimes you forget about.

Lately it's been so sunny and warm here--how can this be February?

-Jackie

3 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

Bellissime porte, Bella. I remember these doors from the Pace and that walk to/from your casa dolce casa. Nice photo!

-Corrie

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Madelyne said...

possibly the people who live further down the hill then you look at your door and think the same thing :)

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

how beautiful! I love those doors. If it helps, we had one spring like day here but then it was back to rain...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home