Tuesday, May 02, 2006

In Italy

Not much of a post here, just an update: I'm back in Macerata! I got in yesterday afternoon, and I immediately fell asleep in the car on the way home. After Antonello and I got home we unpacked all of my bags to reveal the 2 tons of goodies and gifts that I had brought back (he really loved the harmonica I gave him!), we went to visit our friends Giampaolo and Luciana, to celebrate the 1st of May, Italian Labor Day, together. This, of course, meant indulging in fresh fava beans with salt, and various skewered meats (okay, so I ate grilled scamorza cheese instead, being the lone vegetarian that I am). Then, their son Marco taught me how to play one of his Playstation games, and I explained to him what a Lexus was (they don't have those in Italy? I am sure I've seen them before...).

All in all, it was a nice night. I slept in late this morning, and I have my first English lesson this afternoon. Tomorrow will be busy, too. Back to routine, I guess. Memories of two weeks of American springtime linger, but the sunshine of Italy's first days of May should help this expat get back into the swing of things.

I miss you all back home!

-Jackie

7 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Jackie - I think the Lexis is in the form of either a Toyota (which is the same company), or I'm thinking they have Acura as a Honda.. Hope your jet lag gets better quickly!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

that explains it! I told Marco that it was a Toyota brand, but he had never heard the name Lexus (he kept saying, "What's it called again?"). I'm trying to recover from jet lag! Hopefully I will be tomorrow--since I have classes all morning!

-Jackie

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Glad you made it back home Yekie. I wanted to call, but thought I would give you a few days to rest. Sounds like you aready back to work!

Hope to see you soon.
Cyn

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Kathy G said...

Hi Jackie,

I just popped in to say hello and say thanks for visiting my blog! I'm glad you like the jewelry I'm making.

I'm coming to Italy in June -- my hubby and another couple and I are all going on a mediterranian cruise that starts in Venice and ends in Athens. Can't wait!!!
:) If you have any suggestions or recommendations for me, I'd be happy to hear them.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

Glad you made it back safely. Oh how I want to go back to the US but since the hubby is there this week I am having him pick up a few things for me and that will tied me over for a while. Fresh fava beans are a fave of mine, I make them into bruschetta with parmigiano and they are great!

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just jealous for the food!!! I spoke with my husband this morning and he insists that we will definitely go out for pizza as soon as I get back to Italy. Can't wait for that day to happen! Ci puo dare l'olio piccante per favore??!! :-D

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

kathy: how neat that you are coming to italia! i'd be happy to give advice about places to visit. the cruise sounds like it will be a lot of fun! where else are you stopping?

gina: the fava and parmigiano sounds delicious: that's a good idea! i will try it. sorry you can't be in the states right now, but i always love may in italy, so it's a good time be here, i think! :)

rowena: definitely the food is a great thing to come back to :). tonight we went out for pizza for the first time since i've been back. yum! (gelato too, but that was the 2nd or 3rd time :)!!)

cyn: we'll talk soon! sorry, it's been kind of a mess here. how are things there? i'm thinking about you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home