Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Macerata Monday: Poste



This is a pretty generic Macerata Monday, since I'm trying to get back up to speed. Italian mailboxes aren't like the big blue creatures you see back in the states, but instead they are, like this one, creatures of a different sort: big red boxes with two slots in them: one for local city mail, and one for all other mail. I of course usually use the one for all other mail to send postcards and letters back home to the states. Anyway, over the years these mailboxes have served as loyal friends, popping up in every city and town, ready to eat up my letters and send them on their way (whether that be three days away or a month). This traditional mailbox was found in one of the neighborhoods I teach in. It happily posed for me, and I didn't even feed it.

Have a great Monday (really, it just turned Tuesday). More to post soon--this week is a busy and important one over here at our house!

-Jackie

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

It is Macerata midnight from what the time says on your post! Love the photo! You have such a good eye.

Cyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home