Thursday, May 03, 2007

Stranded at Home and Thinking

Today was SUPPOSED to be a busy afternoon at work, with English lessons lined up all evening and plenty of present perfect and past continuous to keep me busy until nine at night, but my schedule was changed up a bit with a couple of cancellations, and I am home for a couple of hours, awaiting a 7 pm lesson, not sure what to do with myself.

I know, I know, I shouldn't be complaining about an afternoon off. I guess it's the way it all happened: one lesson was cancelled yesterday afternoon for good reason, and that's no problem, but the other lesson involved a telephone call from a very persistent mother whose son just started lessons last week and apparently didn't inform her about when the lessons would be (one having been scheduled for this evening). When I picked up the phone, she immediately said something to the effect of: "This is so and so, and my son can't have lessons except for on Wednesdays and Fridays. So clear up your schedule." Umm....right. Anyway, I normally don't complain about work on the blog, but this case was exceptional--come to think of it, I've been having a lot of exceptional cases lately. I guess that makes them normal again. My normal, confused, unorganized life as an English teacher.

So, getting back to the point, I found myself in front of the computer, checking out fellow bloggers, and I stumbled across an award I'd been given by Cyndi over at her blog Reboot, A New Life in Italy, and it said that Allora Aspetta deserved the Thinking Blog Award for excellence in photography (and best musical score?). And I thought, "Holy Smokes! I've joined Infrequent Bloggers Anonymous as a result of how little I've been blogging lately, and here little Allora Aspetta gets blessed with an AWARD? A photography award no less!" Wow. Thank you! I have a list of people to thank here somewhere... But seriously, I have no good excuses (besides work, excercise, cleaning house, --scratch those! I said NO good excuses!) for being such a bad blogger lately. Still, the award is greatly appreciated. It was a little push for me to get back into the blogo-sphere. And hopefully it will work!

And here I am again, trying not to turn this into another segway into the NEXT blog entry, which undoubtably won't get written for months...but it WILL! in fact, I'm off to write more now, and get some photos of those blessed froggers from three weeks ago up and all over the screen. Hey, Allora Aspetta won a thinking photography award, what do you want--no more pictures? :)

Thanks again to Cyndi for the award! Yippee yay!

Jackie

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that your English lessons were canceled. When I was an English teacher that would frustrate me to no end, especially since I already was counting on the money given for the lesson.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home