Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Wednesday Again: Sorry!

Here's another late Macerata Monday for ya. Sorry that my posts tend to be ONLY about Macerata Monday lately...things have been busy getting back into the daily life of an English teacher. Who knew an English teacher's life was so darn busy?

Over the weekend Corrie was in town--she and her class were in Le Marche for one of their wonderful field trips (they get to go all over the place!) and she stopped over in Macerata for a quick visit, which included a mexican dinner on Saturday night for a group of Antonello and my friends. More about that later--I've got some photos from the event posted over on Flickr too.

Other than the fiesta, there's not much to report. I've started doing my driving lessons around town, so I'd advise most of you to stay off the roads of Macerata on Monday and Wednesday afternoons :). Seriously, it's actually going well so far. Hopefully that continues! I'm looking forward to doing my driver's test and finally being able to DRIVE in ITALY! Wish me luck...

Also, just a quick happy Festa della Donna (International Women's Day) to all of you gals out there--make sure you take some time to celebrate with yellow mimosa flower and a little break in the day tomorrow! I especially wish I could send some mimosa back home to my mom for this festa. Miss you mom, and love you! Have a happy festa della donna! Read about the tradition of Festa della Donna here.

Anyway, back to Macerata Monday (Wednesday):



This is a fellow that Corrie and I spotted outside of one of our favorite Macerata gelaterias the other day. He was probably debating whether or not he wanted to get a gelato before dinner, or maybe he was just contemplating what flavor combination to go with? I chose passion fruit, almond, and raspberry. mmmm!

-Jackie

10 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Does this mean that the gelateria didnt close down? I seem to remember some confussion over that last time I was in town....

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

nope! it almost did, but it's reopened and everything. that was weird, i remember. maybe it was just a rumor?

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Happy women's day!
Cyn
ps. I have been THAT very shop!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Happy International Women's day to you too! I like your Macerata Monday posts by the way, and whenever they arrive!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I dont see any dinner photos on flicker.... are you posting links before you upload? bad jackie! ;)

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jackie see if you can get a shot of one of the cute dogs around Macerata! That would be too cute!!

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck from one ex-English teacher. It's a lot of work, but it can be very rewarding.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

thanks everyone--glad you guys like macerata monday/tuesday/wednesday :). rowena, i will be looking out for macerata dogs! we could do a whole DOGS of ITALY series! :)

j.doe: thanks for the moral support :). It's tough at times, but there are days where the smallest thing can be the biggest reward.

buon weekend!

-jackie

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember walking up those stairs and always thinking that i should go get some gelato.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

and jeff, we probably normally DID get gelato when we passed by! i owe you a photo of macerata, don't i? i'll get on that...sorry things have been kind of crazy around here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home