Wednesday, February 28, 2007

photo wednesday: so i'm a few days behind: The Piazza

Sorry I'm so late about Macerata Monday--I plan to get back on track soon, but as I just back to Italy on Friday, getting back into work and such has taken its toll on me! Anyway, here's today's photo...



This is our main piazza in Macerata, Piazza della Libertà, as seen from the English school where I work. There is a balcony that overlooks this, and much more of Macerata, that is perhaps enough reason in itself to work where I do. I noticed yesterday on this photo, details underneath the dome of the bell tower--there are little carved faces holding up the whole domed section. It was kind of neat discovery.

Things are good here, and getting back to normal a little too fast, what with work and all. I could use a little more time to adjust to jet lag, but that's okay. more soon.

-Jackie

5 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're forgiven ;-) Happy last day of February and I'll have an aperitivo for you when the end of the day rolls around!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Glad to see that you got back home okay, and that all is well in indiana. I leave in less than two weeks! yay! see ya soon bella!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Glad to see you back to blogging! Hope to chat with you soon.

Love, love, LOVE this photo! Macerata is such a beautiful city and you are doing a great job of "showing her off". I was thinking that I should do fusignano fridays, but I think after two posts there wouldn't be anything else left to talk about! hehehehehe!

Have a great day!
Cyn

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Susan in Italy said...

No problem! It's such a beautiful vie; I love the roof tiles the best.

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's friday in indy; wednesday in Macerata looks great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home