Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Macerata Tuesday (again, sorry!): Top of the Hill


This is really just a quick post--these are my last couple of days here in Indy before I need to head back home to Macerata, but despite the busy last minute packing, I wanted to take a moment to share one more photo before my trip. I look forward to seeing this in just a few days at the top of the hill that I go up each day--it's what you'd probably refer to as a convenient store, selling magazines, cigarettes, lottery tickets, and apparently salt too (has anyone ever bought salt at one of these places?). Anyway, I love the look of this one in particular, and Antonello sometimes buys his Sunday paper here--it's very everyday Italian.

See you soon, Macerata. In the meantime, let me say goodbye a bit to my other home while I'm still in it: Indy.

more posts from me once I get back to Italy.

-Jackie

P.S. Last week for Macerata Monday I promised a color version of my theatre photo, and here it is over at Flickr. Check out some of the photos from a couple weekends ago's Florence Bottle Day here, too.

5 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Blogger Lori said...

oh oh! its the tabacchi next the the brother's pizza place, right? please tell me I'm right. it looks like it!

Hope all is going as well as can be in Indy, and I'll see ya soon bella! The next month is gonna go by super fast!

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"There never were such friends as these two became. Somehow they seemed to suit each other in a wonderful way." Frances Hodgson Burnett, A Little Princess. Now you've got me doing quotes! It should be these three because this quote made me think of all the good times we have had together. I love you both!
Cassie

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Love the photos Jackie. Marcerata is such a charming town (that really comes through in your pictures).

Enjoy the time you have in Indy. Sending a big hug from across the pond and looking forward to seeing you when you get back!
Cyn

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello do u know www.macerataforum.it? ...what is this?
see ya

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Jackie, where are you??? Are you in Indy still? Are you back in Macerata? Oh wait, I bet you are Tuscany aren't you? It's Tuscany! You are still in Tuscany!

Cyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home