Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Just a quick St. Paddy's Day wish to everyone!I wanted to take some pictures of green things and post them everywhere (poor flickr would've had green overload), but I thought better of it, and instead I'm going to post a couple of photos from my trip to Ireland which was right around this time last year. Unfortunately, I missed St. Patrick's Day while I was there, but I did stock up on leprechauns, Guiness memorabilia, and--hey I'm American, so I couldn't resist--Irish cheddar. Thinking back on my trip, I remember specifically being a bit disappointed with Dublin--I had pictured in my mind another place, I think. But now, remembering those two days of packing-in the sites and running around excitedly as if it were a weekend field trip, I think what a wonderful experience it was. Somehow I had squeezed in this getaway into an already busy March schedule, and it was a welcome change: from the simple change of scenery in misty green-grassed Dublin, to the chance to spend time with friends from home. Looking back, I think of places I missed, things I wish I could've seen, what I would have liked to have explored more, and reasons upon reasons to return to the Emerald Isle. Sometimes trips are best traveled in hindsight.



So Happy St. Patrick's Day, dress in green, drink Guinness, and kiss Irish People (or pinch non-green wearers!)...in other words, be Irish for the day (Or longer!). Happy St. Paddy's Day especially to my friend Patrick--do they celebrate that in Germany? If not, you'd better teach them!

Ah, and what about this for a bit of luck: Purdue beat ARIZONA, on its knees, to advance in the NCAA tournament! Now that's 3 Indiana teams that are still in it! Next games up: Purdue vs. Florida (yikes!), Indiana vs. UCLA (yikes again!) and Butler vs. Maryland. Go Indiana teams! Go Boilermakers!


-Jackie O' Leprechaun Goyette

5 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a happy saint patrick's day wherever you were.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Tracie P. said...

there IS not better excuse to drink guiness :)

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Dubai!

The Guiness doesn't taste quite as good as in Ireland but it's not far off - in taste terms that is! We'd love to have Italy as a flower smelling country! Come n see our blog....we love yours! www.gosmelltheflowers.com

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

I am a little late in saying this, but TOP OF THE MORNING TO YA!

Hope you had a wonderful St. Patty's Day!

Cyn
ps. Go PURDUE!!!

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the 2nd time that I've heard of Irish Cheddar....I'm gonna have to try that some day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home