Monday, October 08, 2007

Macerata Monday! Palazzo Buonacorsi

It's been a while since my last Macerata Monday post, and I thought I'd start it up again in an attempt to get myself a little more disciplined about blogging.



This photo of the front door to Palazzo Buonacorsi in Macerata was taken today, after a long, yet rewarding, day of being an urban spelunking guide in the cantina of the same palace yesterday, related to the Trekking Urbano event held throughout Italy: a chance to visit the more rugged paths in some of Italy's most beautiful cities and towns.

Palazzo Buonacorsi had been under construction since I arrived in Italy nine years ago, and friends of mine say that the construction started long before that--some people don't remember ever seeing the palazzo NOT under construction. So when they finally took down the scaffolding a few months back, one of the treasures revealed was this beautiful door and its fancy cherub door knockers. There are surely a myriad of treasures to behold inside too, but I have yet to see them. Yesterday I spent the day UNDER the palace, not in it :).

More about my Trekking Urbano experience soon.

-Jackie

2 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger erin said...

BEAUTIFUL photo! What a great camera.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Stelle in Italia said...

yup, the camera is pretty nice! it's fun to use.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home