Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christmas In America (I think)

I have been battling all week with buying a ticket for the states for Christmas, and finally, after adjusting my dates a bit, trying to purchase various tickets and getting in response (after having completed ALL of the info and even chosen my flight seats!) a simple "Sorry! That flight has been sold out!" I, on a whim, typed in the 30th of December as my return date (I had originally planned on the 28th), and, surprise! it said: "Congrats! Your Flight has been Booked!"

So , now I think I've actually found a ticket! I say THINK, because I'm still not sure that I've actually purchased it over at Travelocity since, after waiting for my confirmation email for over an hour, it never arrived! Finally, I got an email telling me to call them (there was apparently a problem), and I did call...the problem was that the ticket I reserved was not an e-ticket, like it had said, but instead a paper ticket. So, after spelling out in what seemed like eight different languages the correct way to spell my street address ("no, not Via Lia! just Via! It means ROAD!"), I finally resorted to the Italian language alphabet code ("V as in Venice. I as in Imola...") and it seems we worked it out. An hour and an English lesson later, I got ANOTHER call from another Travelocity agent who pretty much repeated the same thing as the first guy, and explained to me that if, at any time, I had any problems, they are always available to help me! Anything at all! Just call, just let us know! The guy was seriously polite, but I was a bit late for another English lesson, so I hurried off the phone and out the door. In the end, though, I FINALLY got my most recent confirmation email, saying that--yes! They have sent the paper ticket!

To make the longest story ever a bit shorter: I'll be on my way to Indianapolis on the 18th of December, giving me plenty of time to do some shopping in America before Christmas, and plenty of time to spend with family after, as I get back to bell' Italia on New Year's Eve.

Jingle Bells, here I come!

-Jackie

5 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you worked it all out Jackie :) I have to go read your previous posts. I've been so busy these days and fell behind:)

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Texas Espresso said...

Is Antonello going with you? This year I get Stefano for Christmas here but he goes back on the 27th. It will be our first New Year's apart since we met. :( Oh well, Christmas is better than nothing. I'm glad you found your ticket!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Stelle in Italia said...

Maryann--thank you! It seems to be worked out at least--I'm still a bit nervous!

Texas Espresso: Antonello MIGHT come with just for the days of Christmas (we're still looking into a very short 4 day trip), so I really hope so. Christmas apart SUCKS! I'm glad that you and Stefano get Christmas together, although that is too bad about new year's. Christmas is good though--I prefer it to being together for New Year's, I think.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Rowena said...

Lucky you! In lieu of a trip back home I'm buying myself some nice ski pants and a parka so that I can look stylish in the event that we end up lounging at a winter resort for fun. Really wish that I could go back for at least one of the holidays but no can do. :-(

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Lucky you...have a great flight and Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home