Saturday, June 19, 2004

Last Minute Rush

This week has been busier than usual. Last minute preparations abound as I get ready to head home to the states in just a couple of days, and, as usual, I procrastinate. I'm amazed that six months in Italy has passed by so quickly, and now I'm coming home to go to my brother's wedding. What a year of changes.

Other than preparing to go back to the states, the week has been rather full on its own. I went Thursday to retrieve my permit to stay, and I was so glad to find out that it was done, to stare down at a piece of paper that granted me legality. It's been a wait, but it was worth waiting.

But the bigger news of the week is probably this: we bought a house. After so much time searching, feeling like we'd failed on previous houses we'd wanted, and just being disappointed with what was available, we found this house on Monday, took a tour of it, and pretty much decided, right there. We called up to meet with the owners, offered a price that we thought was more than good, and they accepted. It's a three bedroom place (enough room for guests!) that has views of the Macerata city center out of its little balconies. We're both happy. It's not a house in the country (I'm not living the Under The Tuscan Sun dream here, guys), but it's ours. Our house.

I will be home in what seems like hours. I can't wait to see everyone. And I feel so good knowing that Antonello will be coming as well (although his flight doesn't leave until a couple of days after mine). What a week. What a year. I miss you all. I'll be home soon.

-Jackie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home