Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Seeing the (web) Sites

Every once in a while I like to blog about other people's blogs. It's always nice to take note of other people's blogs since there are some outstanding blogs out there. Honestly, though, it's been a while since I've spent time checking out those other blogs--it's hard enough to post my OWN entries!

Still, these past couple of weeks have seen me stumbling upon occasions to blog-surf, and as soon as you start, it's easy to lose yourself in other people's little worlds. What a pleasant means of passing away an afternoon.

So, here's a typical blog-surfing afternoon at Jackie's house:

1. My friend Cathy just started a personal blog: Walking In My Shoes. Cathy lives in New York, but she's a world traveler, and she's graced The Long Trip Home with many a splendid story from her jet-setting days. As she was also a frequent blogger on The Long Trip Home's travelblog (which has seen better days: I've had so much trouble with moveable type lately that I'm convinced all spammers are out to get me), the blogworld isn't new to her. Her new blog continues in her travelblog-style, but it's personal touch adds a bit of charm as well. And, as always, she's quite funny.

2. I have recently been introduced to the site: Expats in Italy, which I, an obvious expat myself, didn't even know existed until my friends Lori and Cyndi told me about it. I feel completely out of the loop, and I realize that I'm always the last one to know about most things, but you'd think, with all of my internet interest, I'd have come across such a site before. No, not me. Anyway, connecting to this site has meant gaining an immense knowledge of all things expat related, and I even came across a list of other blogs (to think allora aspetta made it on the blog list before I had even discovered the site!) that dealt with homesick Americans and dreams of cheddar cheese and nachos. Two of the said blogs:

Think On It: Philosophy from an Umbrian Farm. Life in our neighboring region of Umbria on a farm in the Perugia province. Frequent mentions of Italian food (and recipes!) keep me coming back for more.

American Girl in Italy. How many Americans came over to Italy as wives of Italian men? Here's one. (I'm starting to think there are many more.) This site is a good fix for my especially homesick days.

Finally, this last blog I came across based on a search for vincisgrassi (see blog entry below). Who knew someone could discover vincisgrassi, the lasagne of Macerata, in Wales? This blog is beautiful and filled with too many gorgeous images of various sugary delights. Not to read if you are dieting.

So that wraps up my day of perusing the internet. Hope you enjoy the blogs and have an afternoon to spare.

-Jackie

10 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

It is easy to lose yourself in the the world of blog. Sometimes a few hours go by and it feel like only mins.

See ya soon!
Cyn

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger sarainitaly said...

The new way to make friends! hehe Thanks for the mention, Jackie. I added you to my blog list. :OD

See you Saturday!

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jackie (Yaky) it was great meeting you and Antonello. I hope to see more of you...and maybe visit you in YOUR neck of the woods - we love Le Marche!

Cheers!
Laurie (Lory!)..isn't it funny how they love ipsilons here??!!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

Jackie, it was so great to meet you and now I recall your hubby's name Antonello, hope you had a great weekend caving, do you have photos?

 
At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend just showed me this neat website full of joke riddles
I cant believe the quantity an quality of humerous joke riddles it contains
Heres one of the jokes i found on it:
Bob brought some friends home to his apartment one night after they had been out painting the town. One friend noticed a big brass gong in Bobs bedroom and asked about it."Thats not a gong" Bob replied "thats a talking clock. Watch this!"
Bob struck the gong and sure enough a voice on the other side of the wall screamed "Hey your jerk its 3 o'clock in the morning!"

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

It was great to meet you, too, Gia! Caving (or rather, lots of eating and drinking--italian caving conventions apparently don't actually have anything to do with caves :)!!) I don't have photos yet (we lost our digital camera this past summer and have been using the manual one ever since), but as soon as I get the photos developed, I will scan some in :).

Hope everything in Torino is going well! I'm soo jealous that you can get filipino food up there!!

-Jackie

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot my blog which is pretty much nothing but quizzes I took and once in a while something of interest. ;) I got a notice that I have a package, but they haven't left it yet, even though I signed a note saying to leave it. I'm looking forward to opening it. I've been planning your box for a while now for the christmas season :)

www.livejournal.com/users/baxter420/

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

jeff:

i hope you like the package! i am starting to worry that the cipsters i put in it will all be broken! i hope not!

i will add your blog to the list as well!!

-Jackie

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they were a bit busted, but still tasty! THanks for the package!

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

glad you liked it jeff! did haley like the little notebook? i don't know if she could eat any of the food or not (maybe that small little jar of hot pepper stuff?). let me know how the hot chocolate turns out.

-jackie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home