Wednesday, February 06, 2008

40 Days

It's been a bad year for blogging, so far. I simply can't seem to get back into the swing of blogging, and I would really like to! It's not too much for me to be blogging, but somehow I've just gotten out of the loop. Anyway, the point is, I've made myself a little lenten resolution, today being Ash Wednesday and all (after filling up on pancakes yesterday for a little English-American Shrove Tuesday party, it's time to get down to business). I'm going to blog for 40 days of the following lenten season. Now, some might think that 40 days is actually EVERY day of lent, but in truth, it's only six days of the week--Sunday doesn't count. So that means that, six out of every seven days of the week, I need to be blogging.

I hope this helps my blogging routine a bit, making this decision. What worries me is that, once Easter comes around and lent finishes, I'll do what I did back in November (after NaBloPoMo) and drop my acquired routine. Let's hope not! Anyway, I gotta start somewhere.

Maybe I can finally get back to those cheese of the week postings this way, as well, and some Macerata Mondays!

Anyway, for now, I wish you a wonderful evening. I hope that you had a great carnevale celebration, and I encourage you to check out Rowena's nod to delicious Carnevale sweets (but not if you gave up sweets for lent) and watch the oranges fly in Ivrea, at an Italian carnevale celebration. Sound like fun? There's more. Read about carnevale in Le Marche at my students' blog.

More about my own carnevale experiences soon.

-Jackie

2 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

Ciao Bella, An admirable Lenten resolution! Love the students' carnivale blogs posts, too. Can't wait to try those cookies!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Rowena said...

Harumpf! And WHY not the entire week? ;-)

I know what you mean about getting out of the loop; it really is difficult to get back into. The thing is, unless you've got a subject so bursting out of your head that you need to share it right away, formulating a clear and concise entry is like...like trying to get oozy, melting mozzarella into your mouth all in one neat flick of the wrist. Impossible if it's stretching and stretching (like a string of post ideas).

With that said, wanna come to my place for bagoss? It is hella great stuff, softened on the grill until the edges are a little bit crispy, than the whole slab tucked into a super crispy baguette!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home