Friday, December 07, 2007

First Snow

We saw our first snow of the season in Indy on Tuesday night! There was at least three inches on the ground here and another couple inches fell last night. I'm enjoying the festive, wintery scenes now since the forecast promises warmer temperatures and chances for rain over the weekend.

The colored lights on this pine were finished just in time to catch the first flakes. After trimming the tree, Bowden and I worked on an annual Christmas puzzle.

Many years ago, my Lego-loving Babbo gave me a collection of holiday Legos. I still have the directions for the elf and elf-ette, and I have a vague memory that the rest of the pieces come together to build Santa and a reindeer, though I either lost the directions or took apart these one-of-a-kind pieces and lost all memory of how they should go back together.

So each year, I pull out the Lego decorations and am filled with new confidence that this is the year a proper Santa and reindeer will join the elves. Alas, even with Bowden's help, this was the best we could come up with. Santa seems to have a good start, but the poor reindeer ended up, um, well, "less than aerodynamic" is a nice way of saying it. We did use all the pieces though!
Thanks, Babbo, for a fun holiday tradition. Hurrah for snow and Legos!
-Corrie

3 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Legos are the best! The snow-covered tree is beautiful.

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the snow! We are getting 8 inches today with more on the way! It's cozy :)Lego Santa is cute.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Stelle in Italia said...

Thanks, kc and Maryann! Happy Christmas!!!

- Corrie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home