Monday, December 03, 2007

Macerata Monday: The Gold-Lit Gardens and Paths

It has been all of the sudden warm here in Macerata, and when I stepped onto our balcony this morning, after hearing what seemed like hours of furious winds, I noticed that, not only had the wind stopped, but it was almost warm weather--I even considering shedding my jacket. It has been like this for a couple of days, although I am still expecting cold weather. In the meantime, I'm thankful for this bit of springtime in December.



Last Wednesday was warm too, and I took the opportunity to take some pictures in the city centre, to gather up some images of Macerata. This photo was taken near the middle school where I work, and it's one of those tiny viccoli that you almost forget about until you turn your head to really look. If you do find it, though, you're in for a little discovery. It's so small and narrow that it feels like you're walking through the hallway of house, and above you people are hanging up their laundry. I didn't stay long, as I had work to get back to, but it was fun to wander around on an oddly-warm Wednesday, and enjoy the quieter side of Macerata.

-Jackie

5 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is that little pigeon going? haha

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So bella, do you prefer your christmas boxed mailed to Indy or Macerata? (Of course it also depends on when I actually get it in the mail...)

Lori

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Rowena said...

It's been unsually warm here too. Well, warm enough so that all I need is a lightweight sweater and pants to take Mads on her walk. Needless to say, I am totally loving it, but Dario says that it better snow because then we'll be in trouble again next year (for the low levels of water).

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SIGH--such beutiful photography! It is like being there in person; thanks for sharing!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

those are golden streets! I'm in love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home