Monday, October 15, 2007

Macerata Monday: Study Hall

Macerata is a university town, and since it isn't a very BIG town, the university plays a huge role in the fabric of the place. As a teacher, many of my students are university students, and the nightlife is made up of university bars and hangouts. I studied here myself as a university student nine years ago, and the faces that I remember from that period, the Italians that I spent time getting to know--many of them are long gone, off to pursue greater careers, or perhaps, like many Italians do, return to their hometowns and look for work there.



I haven't taken many pictures of the University, but I really should, since it was my first connection with the city, all those years ago. This building, while I never studied there myself, held Italian lessons for some of my classmates when I was a student here. I remember this building most, though, as where I would go four years back to check email before I had a phone line (back when I lived in the "the cave."). Needless-to-say, it's one of those buildings I pass every day on my walk to work, and there are always students standing outside, or in front of nearby Bar Firenze, now that the University school year has begun.

Happy Macerata Monday! I am extremely tired after a long day of work (another 10-day intensive course has started up, and I'm having a hard time staying awake!).

-Jackie

4 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Autumn has been trying to pass us by this year. Normally it stays decently warm (even tank top weather some afternoons) and dry till end of October. But not this year. It's been raining almost everyday for a month, and the temps have dropped down much lower than normal. grrrr.... I'm used to it raining from November through April, but not in October! :(

Lori

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Love the black and white photo!

Good luck with the class and DON'T work too hard!

Cyn

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Stelle in Italia said...

Lori: sorry autumn is all rainy there! You should come over HERE, where it is still nice out :)!

cyndi: you know me, i'd NEVER work TOO hard :)! glad you liked the photo!

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Tyreese N said...

Greeat post thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home