Thursday, February 07, 2008

Full Immersion Dinner

Like Rowena commented in my previous post, sometimes it's really hard to get all of the things that have happened in one's life recently into separate posts: to sit down and really unravel how to write a blog. Or how to write a blog entry, at least. This, mixed with laziness, mixed with moments of complete chaos, have made writing in this blog a little challenging of late, but, like I said, I'm determined to get back on track.

Even though lent has only just started, I'm still heading off to a celebratory dinner tonight. My most recent group of Intensive English students (see their blog here) is having this end-of-course dinner to practice their English and see how much they have already forgotten. Okay so the last reason hopefully is NOT true, but these courses, as intensive as they are, can easily be forgotten about, stored away, and their language skills can temporarly delete themselves from memory. I know--it's happened to me in Italian.


Almost Mother Tongue students at the Gardens


Anyway, tonight will be fun. It's been a crazy week for Antonello at work, and my evenings have been a little over-crowded with get togethers these past couple of days, so hopefully next week will be a little bit more low key. Good things that happened today: I bought a pair of running shoes (much needed!), and I've just had a nice afternoon--beautiful weather, good lessons, and some extra time to get things done. Tomorrow, hopefully I'll make the most of those running shoes, but not until after a bit of celebration--and pizza--today.

-Jackie

4 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Blogger Texas Espresso said...

Glad to have you back Jackie - missed your posts =)

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger 'A Tuscan view.....from Umbria' said...

Hey Jackie, I know exactly what you mean about 'bloggers block' sometimes life just gets in the way. The weathers been great for running here too, but I'm trying to stop myself being such a fair weather runner and to force myself to get out there come rain and fog. I hope your new shoes speed you on. Ciao

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Rowena said...

You bought running shoes too?! Good for you Jackie!! Once you start getting out and hitting pavement, it'll put some extra zing into your day. I take Mads for a run/walk everyday (even if it's also a way to work off the caffeine high each morning). ;-)

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Stelle in Italia said...

thanks texas espresso and amanda! it's good to be back! good luck with the running, amanda...i'm so happy that the weather has been so nice lately. it's hard to run at the gym i think, so being able to run outside is great.

rowena--i've been running for quite a while now, it was just way passed time for new shoes :). i've actually been trying to train for some races in italy, and i might come up to milan in april for the stramilano 12 k. i'll let you know if i end up doing that...it would be neat to meet up in YOUR corner of italy :)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home