Monday, February 11, 2008

Macerata Monday: Details of the Walls

I hope that everyone has had a good Monday. Today hasn't really been the best day to start the week on, but it's okay. It's kind of a gloomy day outside, and I skipped my morning run as a result. Anyway, it's Monday. Monday is always Monday--that kind of day that you look forward to getting by.



Here's a picture for Macerata Monday (yes, Macerata Monday is finally back!) that shows detail of one section of the city's medieval walls. Macerata's city walls are pretty amazing, and parts of them are surprisingly intact. Even though at one point in history, the houses along this side of the wall were the least expensive to buy (because they were the most vulnerable to attack), nowadays, this is the fancy part of town, and people would pay a bundle for one of these houses, with its view of the mountains and its location within the historic centre. Anyway, I hope to have more views of this part of the walls in the future--but here's just a glimpse for now.

Have a nice evening.

-Jackie

2 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photo, Jackie. I wish I were there con tua mamma.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Stelle in Italia said...

Thanks dad--I wish you guys were here too. I miss you! -Jackie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home