Monday, March 17, 2008

Gli Sposini

Bowden and Corrie, gli sposini


It's Monday of the last week of lent, meaning that my lenten promise to blog six days a week will soon be fulfilled, even if my blog posts have been rather boring! I apologize for that--as you know, I have been very busy, but I still am trying to make the most of the time I have, and hopefully this week's blog posts will be top notch! Or at least a few notches up from normal :). I'll do my best.

Today it isn't hard to post, because the weekend was so memorable: my blogging buddy Corrie got married to her love, Bowden! She celebrated the big event on Saturday, and the wedding was lovely. I got the opportunity to see and spend time with very close friends and people who I don't get to see often enough. As the ceremony ended, Cassie, Erin, and I--all three of us old roommates from studying in Italy together years ago--piled into Cass's new car and drove off to the reception, laughing and catching up on old times, with that feeling like, after all, nothing had really changed.

The reception was held in the barn of a Creamery near Indianapolis, and, while it was weird to see piles of hay stacked beside fancy tables and place settings, the dim lighting and rustic feel was really romantic: it was actually perfect for Corrie's wedding. We spent the evening dining on excellent cuisine (as you know Corrie and Bowden really love food), telling old stories and seeing more friends, and finally finishing off the meal with some delicious desserts--including the best ice cream I've had outside of Italy (cinnamon-coffee flavoured!).

As the last of our plates were licked clean, we watched Corrie and her friends take to the dance floor, dancing the night away to little ditties played by the band of musicians they had hired. It was sweet, and people in the crowds got up to join them, or just to watch. Cassie and Erin and I stayed at our seats, however, and we chatted with our friend Eric who lives in Indianapolis and shares our mad love for Italy and all things Italian, and just talked and reminisced.

Finally, it was late enough that we knew we had to go. As Cass and Erin and I grabbed our coats and began to leave, we went over to the bride and groom to congratulate them and to say goodbye. They were just done with their dancing, and it was easy to see just how thrilled and in love and happy they were. It reminded me of Antonello and my weddings--all three of them really, but especially the first one and how much it meant to truly be married to someone, and for it to be THE someone--the person who is right for you, the person you want to be with for the rest of your life. It's the kind of feeling that makes the toasts, the cake-cutting, even the cinnamon-coffee ice cream take on little importance. It's your day, Corrie and Bowden, so congrats.

-Jackie

3 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Auguri to the newlyweds!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

I know I am late, I have been such a bad blogger (big surprise).

Tanti tanti auguri Corrie and Bowden! Wishing you many years of love and laughter!

Cyn

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

ps. MORE PHOTOS PLEASE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home