Saturday, March 08, 2008

Festa

Today in Italy it is La Festa della Donna, or International Women's Day. In Italy, it is celebrated annually with sprigs of flowers from the mimosa tree given out to all women--by friends, family, even local stores, coffee bars, and restaurants--as a way of appreciating and celebrating the importance of women. Antonello participated by bringing me mimosa flowers and roses, and he bought some mimosa sprigs for my sister and law and our niece as well. Thank you, amore!

The flower, with its little puffy balls of yellow bursting all about, is sunny and warm, and decorate mimosa trees dot people's gardens. The past fews days I keep walking by a fully bloomed mimosa tree on my way to work, and it's been a constant reminder of the presence of March, and of women's day.

To all women everywhere: happy women's day! I hope you celebrate well! To Corrie: I hope that your bridal shower was a great celebration of La Festa Della Donna!

-Jackie

1 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger Gil said...

Hope that you had a great day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home