Monday, March 03, 2008

Macerata Monday: Sunset over the Neighborhood



It's actually early morning when I write this, and I need to get ready for work, but I thought I'd post this shot that I took last night while I was getting some photos of the pink sunset behind our house. I haven't really posted any views from our apartment before, but I liked the way the city was lit up last night, the cars driving up the hill to the center. We live down the hill from the medieval city, and it takes about 15 minutes walking to get into town. It's not always the ideal location since I work in town, but I've lived in the center before, and it's nice to be away, in a neighborhood without so much traffic and noise. Macerata is very condensed--it's a little bundle of a city, like a lot of Italian cities, but even more so considering it's location on the top of a hill--so the city centre and the area around it is almost built on top of itself, all scrambled together like it is.

For a city with 40,000 people, you wouldn't believe how much traffic there is.

Have a good Monday! This is gonna be another crazy week, but I'm trying to take it in stride.

-Jackie

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Rowena said...

Gorgeous color of the sky Jackie. You guys have got a great view from your place!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger 'A Tuscan view.....from Umbria' said...

Wow, beautiful sunsets. I'm glad to hear that you have trouble fitting the runs in too. I went today for the first time in 2 weeks (I've had flu so thats my excuse). I start to feel really ill at ease and guilty if miss too many days. It makes me feel good to check in here and see how you are doing.
Have a good week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home