Monday, October 22, 2007

Macerata Monday, and more

First off, I'm sure you've been losing sleep at night wondering, WHERE did Jackie and Antonello go on their weekend away? Well, we had a great weekend away, but we definitely didn't explore a typical touristy site (in fact, my guide book called the biggest town we saw "dull." They were mistaken). Instead we visited small towns and drove through beautiful countryside and mountains, all in the confines of one spectacular province. Here's a hint: ONE of the small towns is sister city to, get this: Bethlehem and was the location of the first ever presepio or Christmas nativity scene, put together by, who else? Saint Francis. No idea? Go check online and get back to me. (Don't worry--I'll post pictures soon, so don't lose any more sleep!)



In the meantime, here's the weekly Macerata Monday picture for your enjoyment. This time it's of the rooftops as seen from my English School's balcony, which has the luck of being situated right above the main square, with endlessly beautiful views in all directions. I've taken photos from here before of the main square, and this instead faces out toward the church of San Filippo. San Filippo has been under construction for years--ever since I've been in Macerata--and only opens up a small chapel for worship. Luckily, the chapel is really quite stunning, but I'd love to see what the actual church looks like inside.

Have a great Monday if you can--it's raining here!

-Jackie

3 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Rowena said...

Jackie, thank you very much for disrupting my Monday morning routine with this this trivia quiz!! After I had my coffee did I properly get my brains into gear, somewhat.

You went to Rieti? Specifically, Greccio? Come on, spill it!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Stelle in Italia said...

rowena: wow! you're good! you win! okay, yes--Greccio and Rieti (we visited both). We also went to a very small town on Lake Turano called Castel di Tora (which I hadn't mentioned yet), which is listed in Italy's Borghi Piu Belli...more about all of this soon! (you should check out the borghi piu belli website if you haven't already--it's a great source for small town visiting!)

 
At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog and am enjoying it. I'll be back. Beautiful photo BTW :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home