Saturday, March 22, 2008

Upsetting

Like I said yesterday, I've started to go mad for March Madness, and today was no different. And what a day it was--all sorts of upsets, and my bracket is starting to look like a mess! Two games were particularly exciting to watch: Western Kentucky's upset of fifth seeded Drake, and then a similar overtime game with San Diego upsetting UConn, of all teams! Last minute shot games are the ones that always have you riveted, but I was equally pleased to see Butler knock off South Alabama. Right now I'm in the middle of watching the Hoosiers play Arkansas--go Hoosiers! (I know, I contradict myself by cheering for both IU and Purdue, but I'm just like that.)

I really have more to write about, as today was Good Friday and my father and I attended the evening Way of the Cross service at my church, but I will save that for tomorrow. AND, tomorrow will also be my last six-days-a-week blogging day! Hurrah--I did it!

more tomorrow...have a great, basketball-filled evening. There are loads of games on, what are you doing reading this?

- Jackie

2 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Gil said...

Jackie,

You seem to have the same level of madness that my wife has. Her whole pool thing fell apart on Friday. Of course I keep teasing her about UCONN or as I call them "Calhoon's Goons"! Also, Gonzaga getting knocked off so soon was a surprise.

Buona Pasqua

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gil...I had heard that Davidson might upset Gonzaga, but we had gone ahead and put Gonzaga as winning that on the brackets--just to be hopeful :). The big upset that we called was Kansas State over USC--I was very proud :). Otherwise you're right--our brackets are kind of a disaster!

Happy Easter to you as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home